Scribbles of a Persian Anesthesiologist

Monday, March 06, 2006

Sedentary we are...

I was thinking of one of my favorite comedians, Russell Peters, who is Indian in origins. He talks of how immigrants after many years in North America develop such a sense of belonging that they start making fun of other people as being immigrants! Worse yet, they make fun of the American ways of doing things. They point out things in Americans such as the sedentary lifestyle, couch potato, lazy, etc. Today, after engaging in much the same behavior myself by observing some very large patients undergo gastric bypass surgery, I got on the road to come home. Just before turning onto our street, I found myself reaching toward the mailbox through the rolled down window of my car, trying to retrieve the mail. Then I paused... Either I have become Americanized, or I am utterly hypocritical in passing judgement on the rest of my fellow citizens!

Here's an unrelated image. A blast from the past, the ABS conference in Toronto, which I believe was taken in 2002 (notice how much thinner we all were!):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home