Scribbles of a Persian Anesthesiologist

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Lasik part deux!

Nearly 15 months after my parting with my glasses for good, I had a "touch up" lasik procedure to treat the residual 1.0 astigmatism in my right eye. I was dreading the microkeratome and the formation of a new flap, but surprisingly, the surgeon said that he would just "pick up" the old flap. I asked curiously whether the old flap is easily accessible. To my amazement, he responded, "The flap never heals!" Zap, zap, ... and the smell of burning cornea permeated through my nostrils. 30 seconds later, I was good to go. Now I have the eyes of an eagle, supposedly, a perfect 20/20. In Canada, aside from being 1/2 price, they have the zioptics, which is hard to find in the US. This technology "shaves" less cornea and therefore leaves more room for future treatments.

Here is a picture of my aunt Aghdas, celebrating her 79th birthday, followed by a picture of Shahrzad and I, with my new "naw-ruz-gift-to-myself" shirt!

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

نظام جون دمت گرم که وبلاگ مینویسی. حداقل اینجوری ما میتونیم هر چند وقت یک بار از مصاحبت شما برخوردار شیم که بسیار توفیق بزرگیه

 

Post a Comment

<< Home