Scribbles of a Persian Anesthesiologist

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A Twelve Year Milestone

It was August 23, 1994, when my Delta flight from Austria landed in JFK in New York. I was wearing a black pair of jeans with four or five $100 bills sewn into it by my mother. I was tired, homesick, and had a full bladder! As you can imagine, it was precisely 12 years ago when I used a urinal for the first time, thinking to myself, "these Americans don't care much about privacy, do they?"

It has been a great run, no urologic pun intended, and I owe a debt of gratitude to my parents and family for being a source of constant support and encouragement. I love you all.

1 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
for some reason this morning I googled Shahrzad's name, and found your web-site.
Shahrzad and I used to be friend in high-school back in montreal.
I would love to hear from her.
I hope you are both having a beautifull life.

Fili (own Faye)
theofili.vezoniarakis@aircanada.ca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home