Scribbles of a Persian Anesthesiologist

Thursday, March 30, 2006

No Longer in my 20's...


Today, at 1100 New York time, I turned 30. It has been precisely 30 years since shortly after my birth, when the obstetrician told my mom that she had just had a beautiful boy, she, expecting to have a baby girl, responded with much surprise "a boy?" This prompted the obstetrician to do a double take by examining what was beneath the sheets and exclaiming, "Well, in this country, we call this a boy!"

I cannot believe how swiftly the last decade passed me by. I suppose, before you know it, I will be getting my AARP card and telling the stories of turning 30 "a long time ago" to my grandchildren. Shahrzad has arranged for us to go with the Baha'i community of Charlottesville to an Indian restaurant in a "pseudo-surprise" manner! Well, I essentially learned about it before it happened. Below, you will find a picture from my 29th birthday, when I was still in my 20's:

4 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

آقای نظام تولدت شدیداً مبارک. ما خیلی مخلصیم

By the way thet "Pseudo-surprise" thing usually happens. You just need to pretend you know nothing!, which is pretty hard.

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

راستی برنامه ای برا اینورا اومدن نداری؟

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

َWow! I have never seen so many candles at the same place!

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

سلام نظام جان آقا ورودت رو به دهه چهارم زندگی تبریک می گم البته تو شاید منو درست نشناسی ولی من ارادت خاصی بهت دارم و تو رو یکی از انسانهای درست و کم یاب تو این دوره و زمونه می دونم چند باری هم بیشتر ندیدمت با احسان اینا و همین طور الناز م الهام اینا
Any way wish you a happy birthday and the best in your life.

Take care

Kayvon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home